Friday, May 07, 2004

Riding the Rains....

I really hated it. I wanted to throw the angst at the first person I saw....and found that it turned out to be you...bloggy.

Morning started soo good....left for office wanting to get a bit wet in the teasing rain...but nothing happened.

It all started in the evening...rather..night. It was 10 and when I started to leave, the place was wet. It is one of those rare occasions where you dread having a bike. Came back to my cube hesitantly. Clock clocked 11...and then 12..and I couldn't sit longer. Asked a couple of autorickshaws and they demanded huge money...for a software engineer ;). Thought a cititaxi would be better and asked another taxi driver to get me one. These people take their chances and RULE when it rains. He made me wait for almost 15 mins...bloody buggers and so I left on my own, whatever may happen.

Just two days back, I had cleaned my 6-month-uncleaned bike....pity . To make matters worse, my hair was mostly wet and now I had to put on this helmet...this life sucks!

As they say...it is never so bad that it can't get worse. Came along, the first splash of water and filled my shoes. Go some more distance and a car rodee along smacking my bike with water...and that too dirty.

I wanted to hit the first guy I saw...luckily, nobody was around..or else I would have got a few in return! No street lights...just my tiny beam of light...In front were drops of rain..looking like arrows ..targetting me...and nothing would happen to me !...like a hero :) For the first time..felt something good.
Right from my underwear to my outer wear...all was wet. Talk about singing in the rain!
Well..my story too has an happy ending...a warm set of clothes....something to eat and models on TV to gaze at .