Tuesday, July 06, 2004

What do you want to do?

Long time since I came here....lots of things have happened in these days....well...nothing very great....most of them uninspiring things....

Yeah..I have started living alone now. It was so tough and mentally disturbing for my brother, vyini(my sister-in-law), maybe my parents...but I feel I have taken the right decision.

Life is very different and calm nowadays. I am less angry at people...basically ignoring people...not sure whether this is right or wrong.

Among other things ..after-thoughts of 'Lakshya'...RK Narayan's autobiography...I also did draw an image of my former colleague....started exercising and going out for jogging...something which I dreamt from a very long time...but too lazy to execute.

I think when you like something and work for it...one does not mind/feel the pressure or hardwork he puts in. If it is something which does not come naturally to you..like work :)...you should be greatly disciplined to get things done.

It is so hard to see that people in marketing feel themselves proud about lying to the customers. Wonder whether they do feel guilty at all anytime?

Narayan's book 'My Life' is a small book...told in simple terms for people like me. I feel people do "great" things when they have gone through a very tough stage in their lives...as if going through a stress-test or a agni-parikshe. More and more examples have been proving only this.

Take this for some thought :
* Nagesh Kookunoor was a chemical engineer for 10 years until the age of 30 before he switched over to film-making.
* Farhan Akhtar had spent two years doing just "nothing" apart from watching 2 films everyday before he made DCH.
* RK Narayan had failed in English during his school which was his fav. subject. He didn't take a job which he doesn't seem to fit in, inspite of critical difficulties at home. He knew what he wanted to do...right from the beginning!

So, what do you want to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More than Nagesh and RKN , Farhan's story is more inspiring (atleast for me !! )